↑ Return to Datasets


EventKG is a novel multilingual resource incorporating event-centric information extracted from several large-scale knowledge graphs such as Wikidata, DBpedia and YAGO, as well as less structured sources such as the Wikipedia Current Events Portal and Wikipedia event lists in five languages. The EventKG is an extensible event-centric resource modeled in RDF. It relies on Open Data and best practices to make event data spread across different sources available through a common representation and reusable for a variety of novel algorithms and real-world applications.

The dataset provides information for over 690 thousand events and over 2.3 million temporal relations. Nearly a half of the events (46.98%) originate from the existing knowledge graphs; the other half (53.02%) is extracted from semi-structured sources.

More information is available at the following publication:

Simon Gottschalk and Elena Demidova. “EventKG: A multilingual event-centric temporal knowledge graph.” In European Semantic Web Conference, pp. 272-287. Springer, Cham, 2018. [PDF]

The following web page contains some basic statistics, example queries as well as a usage scenario (EventKG+TL): http://eventkg.l3s.uni-hannover.de/

Data Model

The RDF schema used for generating EventKG is shown in the following figure:

The figure below depicts an example event representing the participation of Barack Obama in his second inauguration as US president in 2013:


The dataset is available through the Zenodo data repository (under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 license): https://zenodo.org/record/1205373, as well as on the following link: http://eventkg.l3s.uni-hannover.de/data.html

The EventKG SPARQL endpoint is available at: http://eventkginterface.l3s.uni-hannover.de/sparql

The code of the EventKG can be found on GitHub.